Monday, September 11, 2006

Endings

I sit on the deck of that harbored boat
It's chilly enough for a sweatshirt and tea
You're on Armagnac, looking at me
It's our last night here
It's one of our last days
Spending mornings and nights anchored off different bays
Your hair has gotten blonder
We both knew this past year, would take us here
and being the grown up I promised I was
I wrap myself silently in my own arms
I gaze at the stars, I take in the breeze
I ignore that rare soft look you're giving me
And in the unlikeliest way of your ways
"I'm going to miss you" I hear you say
"Don't start saying things like that to me"
And in my suppressed weakness "it's not time yet.."
"It will pass quicker than you think, it's been on my mind, and I'm going to miss you"
Just a few tears, silenced by strokes
Shushed away by kisses
By tender words that make it worse
Just as if this parting of ways was not -
A choice
Oh drama, how we embrace you
How we rummage you for salvation
and blame you for the souls starvation

No comments: